Sunday, February 27, 2011

Let's do this for real

Our team no longer consists of "rookies". We all have been on the track and suffered the numerous bruises up and down our legs. The unexpectedly long, three week process for Helen, Kelsey, Laura, and I is over.

I, Morgan Smith, have ridden a Little 5 bike, on the Little 5 track. Who would have thunk it. This whole experience is scary, yet exhilarating for me. The very first day, we were all a couple of minutes late to our group on the first turn because there was a long line to check out the bikes. All of the sudden we were expected to run and jump on the bike. At the next station, 20 minutes later, we were supposed to ride fast, and get off. I was cool on the outside, but I was freaking out on the inside… wondering how in the world am I going to do this?

Almost three weeks later, we can all do it… and in a full exchange. Maybe it's not the prettiest thing quite yet, but after much more practice, our exchanges will be as awesome as chocolate cake with ice cream.

Now it's time to practice, train, and get ready for the LITTLE 500!!!

No comments: